It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build engine crash

FREDERIC RIVIERE (21197) | asked Feb 16 '09, 4:17 a.m.
Hi,
I'm migrating one of my JBE on a new server (for more speed). The first build request always works. But I get an unrecoverable error either the second or third build request (at "fetch" time):
Here is the complete log file:
------------------------
2009-02-14 22:02:23 Should build occur?
Checking for changes incoming to workspace "XXX Workspace" ... found changes (8)
2009-02-14 22:02:26 Yes: Pre-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.jazzscm" would like to build.
2009-02-14 22:02:26 Invoking pre-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.jazzscm"
Accepting changes into workspace "XXX Workspace" ...
Deleting fetch destination "/opt/IBM/TeamConcertBuild/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/workspaceXXX" before fetching ...
Fetching files to fetch destination "/opt/IBM/TeamConcertBuild/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/workspaceXXX" ...
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.getLocalPathInternal_rec(CopyFileAreaStore.java:1062)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.getLocalPathInternal(CopyFileAreaStore.java:1042)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.deleteTreeInfo(CopyFileAreaStore.java:2447)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.MergeLoadMutator.execute(MergeLoadMutator.java:472)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.run(FileSystemOperation.java:89)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadOperation.load(LoadOperation.java:726)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadOperation.doLoad(LoadOperation.java:433)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LocalFileSystemLoadOperation.execute(LocalFileSystemLoadOperation.java:97)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.run(FileSystemOperation.java:89)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.updateFileCopyArea(SourceControlUtility.java:279)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.preBuild(JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.java:152)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop.invokePreBuildParticipants(BuildLoop.java:570)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop$2.run(BuildLoop.java:426)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
------------------------
It seems there is an error with filesystem.
The only solution is to kill and restart the JBE process.
My configuration is:
ia64 Quad Core / 8Gb / Sata hard drive + Linux Ubuntu 8.04 32 bits.
Note that the problem also occurs on Linux Ubuntu 8.04 64 bits.
JBE works well on same OS on an other hardware.

I'm going to launch a debug session on JBE with source files...

Any idea ?

I have posted the problem on this forum to get a quick idea. It's currently impossible for us to migrate to 1.0.1 right now. (We are in production end game milestone)
I will also send a copy of this email to our commercial contact.

Thanks a lot for your investigations.
Best regards,
Frederic RIVIERE

One answer

permanent link
Anuerin Diaz (4112517) | answered Feb 16 '09, 4:55 a.m.
we usually see that if we do incremental loading but that goes away when we enable the "delete directory before loading" load option on the JBE definition's Jazz Source Control tab.

It might take a while to load everything but that is where the component load rules become handy.

ciao!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.