It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item editor customization

T M (8878188143) | asked Feb 15 '09, 10:51 a.m.
Hi,

I was trying to customize the work item editor. I was referring to the on-line help: "Managing change and releases > Tracking work items with Jazz > Customizing work items".

Few questions here:

1)After I've added a new edtior presentation, new tabs in it, new sections within tabs, new presentations within sections I still do not see presentations on the form. I see the tabs but not the sections or presentations. Binding of the work item with the editor presentation is done.

2)While adding tabs,sections or presentations I see 'Properties" field with key and value. What is it meant for?

3)From the on-line help: You can further configure some presentations by adding properties, such as readonly.

Theju>> How do I do this?

4)From the on-line help: To configure a Quick Information section, add a Quick Information presentation. In the presentation definition, add a property named quickinformationConfiguration and set the value to the name of the Quick Information configuration. Use the Quick Information Configuration aspect editor to create a configuration.

Theju>> This is not working for me. Has it worked for anyone?

5)How to create a new layout that I see while adding new tabs?

6)While adding section - what is the slot that I see?

7) Adding Quick Information section is not working for me. Has it worked for anyone?

8)com.ibm.team.workitem that I see is a library or com objects?

Can someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks
Theju

4 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Feb 16 '09, 3:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Theju

The following document is also describing some internals of editor presentations: https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/work-items-cust/workitem-editor-presentations.html

1) Several possibilities: a) the attributes that you refer to in your presentations are not available on the work item that you try to show. b) e.g. the Overview Layout only allows one section per slot. If you want to show more than one section in a slot, you have to use the Custom Attributes Layout. c) The slots that are configured for your sections do not match the layout of the surrounding tab.

2 & 3) Properties can be used to provide well-known additional information to the presentations. E.g. some presentations support the 'readonly' property, which will show the presentation in a non-editable manner (not all presentations support this). To use it, add as key 'readonly' and as value 'true'. End user configurability for properties is not optimal and will be improved for RTC 2.0.

4) For me, it worked. Start with creating a Quick Info Configuration in the respective editor and use the id from there as value to the 'quickinformationConfiguration' property for the quick info presentation (you can have a look at the quick info presentation in the default editor for an example)

5) Creating additional layouts is not yet supported

6) The slot refers to a position in the layout of the surrounding tab. The document referred above explains the supported layouts and slots

7) See 4)

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
T M (8878188143) | answered Feb 19 '09, 12:41 p.m.
Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the link! I'll go through it!

Thanks
Theju

Hi Theju

The following document is also describing some internals of editor presentations: https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/work-items-cust/workitem-editor-presentations.html

1) Several possibilities: a) the attributes that you refer to in your presentations are not available on the work item that you try to show. b) e.g. the Overview Layout only allows one section per slot. If you want to show more than one section in a slot, you have to use the Custom Attributes Layout. c) The slots that are configured for your sections do not match the layout of the surrounding tab.

2 & 3) Properties can be used to provide well-known additional information to the presentations. E.g. some presentations support the 'readonly' property, which will show the presentation in a non-editable manner (not all presentations support this). To use it, add as key 'readonly' and as value 'true'. End user configurability for properties is not optimal and will be improved for RTC 2.0.

4) For me, it worked. Start with creating a Quick Info Configuration in the respective editor and use the id from there as value to the 'quickinformationConfiguration' property for the quick info presentation (you can have a look at the quick info presentation in the default editor for an example)

5) Creating additional layouts is not yet supported

6) The slot refers to a position in the layout of the surrounding tab. The document referred above explains the supported layouts and slots

7) See 4)

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Chris Ratcliffe (2633330) | answered Jun 05 '09, 1:30 p.m.
Hi,

"E.g. some presentations support the 'readonly' property, which will show the presentation in a non-editable manner (not all presentations support this)"

Is there documentation somewhere which indicates which presentations support the readonly attribute? I would like to have a presentation that shows a custom attribute which is updated through my CQ Connector, but that shouldn't be allowed to be changed via the GUI editor. I have created the attribute as a small string, and the presentation for it is set to small html and the readonly property is set to true. With these settings though, the attribute is still modifiable from the GUI.

Thanks,
Chris

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Jun 08 '09, 2:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
There is currently not documentation about that, but as far as I remember, the String and Text presentation support readonly, but HTML and Small HTML do not. If your attribute is of type Small String, you should be fine using String as kind and the readonly property.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.