It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to store passwords for different users in the same client?

SEC Servizi (97123860) | asked Oct 08 '13, 8:26 a.m.
edited Oct 09 '13, 4:06 a.m.
We are using the same RTC client with different users and it seems Eclipse stores only the last entered password.
Scenario: 
  1. Alice logs in to repository checking the "Remember my password" option.
  2. Alice logs out from repository.
  3. Bob logs in to repository checking the "Remember my password" option.
  4. Bob logs out from repository.
  5. Alice logs in to repository but she has to reenter her password because the one saved is for Bob.
Is it possibile to keep for each user the password saved?
Thanks in advance.

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Oct 08 '13, 8:54 a.m.

Hi SEC,
Your question is a bit confusing. What is the reason what is the reason you want to remember previous password?

SEC Servizi commented Oct 09 '13, 4:11 a.m.

We wouldn't remember previous passwords. (We added a scenario to question to detail it a bit more.)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Oct 09 '13, 4:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

It sounds like the people in the example are using the same OS login and so are working off the same underlying OS environment (please correct me if I am wrong) - so this will happen.  You need to have each user have their own login on the machine - which means that their settings (including passwords) will be stored separately.

anthony
SEC Servizi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
SEC Servizi commented Oct 09 '13, 4:59 a.m. | edited Oct 09 '13, 5:00 a.m.

Yes, Alice and Bob are using the same OS login. So, there is no solution for this scenario...

Thanks for your replies.

Anthony Kesterton commented Oct 09 '13, 5:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

So you could ask them not to click "Remember the password" - not an ideal solution, but  worth a try. I often have multiple instances of the RTC Eclipse client running on the same OS login (to demonstrate different roles), and have to remember to uncheck this box.

SEC Servizi commented Oct 09 '13, 6:39 a.m.
Well, remember password is usefull and authentication will fail only when switch user.
I often have multiple instances of the RTC Eclipse client running on the same OS login (to demonstrate different roles)

That's our case, too. :) 

One other answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Oct 09 '13, 5:55 a.m.
Hi SEC,
Did you try Alibe and Bob using different workspace when starting RTC? This might help them.

Comments
SEC Servizi commented Oct 09 '13, 6:32 a.m.

Alice and Bob already use different sandboxies. It seems like Eclipse stores only one password at time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.