It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Gated Checkin in RTC

Praveen Kumar (371822) | asked Oct 08 '13, 2:03 a.m.
I wanted to bring in a gated check-in ability to my project executed in RTC.   I wanted to integrate a static analysis tool which get's triggered when the developer checks in code and fail the check in if the code do not follow the quality rules configured in the tool.  

Can some one guide me on how to do this.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 08 '13, 2:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is, unfortunately, no extension point for check in. There is only one for deliver. You would have to create an Extension, an advisor, on delivery, that runs the status of the static analysis tool. It needs to be a client side extension, because the analysis tool most likely runs on the client. The advisor would block delivery in case the analysis did not run or did not succeed. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/restrict-delivery-of-changesets-to-workitem-types-advisordelivery-of-changesets-associated-to-wrong-work-item-types-advisor/ for how to create advisors and the related posts you should read, including a links to the Extensions workshop.
Praveen Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.