It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Follow-Up Action Triggered by Attribute Change

Kurtulus YILDIRIM (681019) | asked Oct 17 '19, 4:38 a.m.

Hi,

One of my customer asked me to develop a follow-up action which will send an email when a specific attribute change. I have two question in that point;
1. How can I catch attribute change with or without state change?
2. How can I find old value of the attribute to put in email like "abc attribute <new value>, <old value>"

PS: I found some other question which mentions to find old value of an attribute but couldn't find any example.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 17 '19, 8:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Kurtulus, 

this is pretty much explained in the Extensions Workshop (article 1000). 

In a follow up action you have access to the old state of the work item (values of the work item before the save) and to the new state of the work item (the future state after the save). You can get the attribute values for the old and the new state  and you can compare and work with them.

The status (attribute) is like any other attribute. In the extensions workshop the status attribute is used. in this example I use others. https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/rtc-update-parent-duration-estimation-and-effort-participant/ 

We used to have an integration team that provided such additional features including maintenance. Not sure if they are still on offer. 

Kurtulus YILDIRIM selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kurtulus YILDIRIM commented Oct 17 '19, 9:10 a.m. | edited Oct 17 '19, 9:12 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.