It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Hiding password used in build

Alex Mulholland (712111) | asked Feb 10 '09, 3:09 p.m.
I want to ftp my build outputs to a central location; to do this I need to specify userid & pw on the ant ftp task. Rather than hard coding these in the build.xml file I can specify them as properties in the build definition, but the build definition itself can still be viewed by all the RTC users. Is there a way that I can either 1) restrict viewing the entire build definition (less desirable) or 2) hide the password that is used on the 'ftp' task (more desirable)? We achieve this on the RTC tasks to publish back into the repo by using the 'passwordfile' option, but that does not exist on the ant 'ftp' task. Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Pratap Thakare (64) | answered Mar 06 '09, 8:39 a.m.
Though I am not using ftp task; but we also have some ant task which needs username/password.
What you can do is u can have a encrypted file (say password.txt)with encrypted password in it and in the ant task provide that filepath.

e.g. < artifactFilePublisher userId="user" passwordFile="/opt/location/password.txt"
see if the ftp file task has passwordfile attribute.

hope this might help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.