It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Block users from building their own queries

marco Kaiser (2311313) | asked Sep 19 '13, 9:37 a.m.
Hi Jazz community,

is it possible to disable "My Queries", specially to block users from building their own queries?

We've very strict user authorisation policy e.g. not every user should see all work items. Is it possible to lock the users from building their own queries technically?

Kind Regards

Marco Kaiser

3 answers

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840378109) | answered Sep 27 '13, 5:56 a.m.
Hi Marco,

why do you want to introduce a collaboration system, if you want to restrict users from using this system?
Restricting access to the search engine, restrict access to building queries belongs to information hiding, not information security.

greetings georg.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Sep 19 '13, 10:03 a.m.
Hi Marco,
You can disable option to create new queries by the user in admin panel for project area in "Permissions" section.

Anyway it seems that you should look into https://jazz.net/library/article/554/. This might be the answer on all your questions :)

Let us know if it helps for you.

Comments
marco Kaiser commented Sep 27 '13, 5:01 a.m. | edited Sep 27 '13, 5:07 a.m.

Hi Krysztof.

Thanks for your answer. I couldn't find the option to lock the "My Queries" in the admin panel for project ares. The only thing I found was to lock saving queries on the database.

Is it possible to lock those option in the database?

Greetings Marco

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Sep 27 '13, 5:22 p.m.
Hi Marco --

I'm not aware of a way to lock the My Queries folder, but you can restrict access to work items based on work item category.  The Filed Against field in the work item editor is populated with the work item categories that you define for the project area.  You associate categories with project areas or team areas.  On the Categories page of the project area editor, you can specify whether access to each category is restricted.  When a category is restricted, only members of the project area or team area that is associated with that category can access work items whose Filed Against field is set to that category.   

See the following:

Ken

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.