It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I resolve No Work Items Found for Open Work Items Widget - RTC 4.0 Scrum template

Kathy Harper (3214) | asked Nov 18 '12, 4:59 p.m.
edited Nov 18 '12, 5:01 p.m.
I am using RTC Version: 4.0 and the Scrum Template.  The "Current Plans" Widget seems to be working, as it displays the correct percentage of Work Items completed, but the "Open Work Items" and "Open vs Closed Work Items" widgets display no work items or results were found.  I noticed that the Team Area parameter reported "Information Not Available" , and so I created a Team Area and added a member but that did not resolve it.  Reports also do not work for Open Work Items, but the one for Closed Work Items seems to work.  I have tried it using Firefox, Chrome, and IE Browsers.  I have also "Run All data warehouse collection jobs" in Application Administration.  I am using the role Scrum Master, and have checked all permissions.  

Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 19 '12, 7:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kathy,

The Open vs Closed Work Items widget does require that the data collection jobs be run.  I've noticed that in my experience, the Open vs Closed Work Items widget does not report results from that last few hours.  I generally do not get results from my graph until the project area has been created for several hours.  Try running your data collection jobs again and see if you get results this time.  When I run the report, I usually run it as a user who is a member of the project, and I do not select any of the options.  The Team Area box reports "Info not available," which is fine.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 19 '12, 7:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kathy,
I have seen this numerous times. The widget only shows work items that are filed against teams. I guess all your work items are assigned to the project area. Try to file a work item against a category that is associated to a team, run the data collection job and see if the Team area appears in the selection.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.