It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What are the meanings of 'report creation' and 'report display' in the Counters page of RTC?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Sep 10 '13, 4:31 p.m.
edited Sep 10 '13, 4:34 p.m.
I just stumbled upon something that may help solve or minimize the periodic crashing of RTC by BIRT.  In the Counters section of the "internal=true" link on the /jazz/admin?internal=true I found a table labeled 'reporting'.  That table has a section for many reports ( only a few can be viewed, as this page sorely lacks an horizontal scroll bar).  I can capture with JazzMon and view.   I would like to know what measurements are represented by the rows labeled "report creation" and "report display"  I see some enormous values in the former.  The one shown is not the largest.

report.All_DefectsBacklog
min
val max

3 3

3 3
3 13646

6 6

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Sep 11 '13, 11:32 a.m.
I.e. 

<jazz:Facet name="report.All_DefectsBacklog"> <jazz:FacetElement name="cnt">3</jazz:FacetElement> <jazz:FacetElement name="avg">4607</jazz:FacetElement> <jazz:FacetElement name="max">13646</jazz:FacetElement> <jazz:FacetElement name="min">69</jazz:FacetElement> <jazz:FacetElement name="dev">7828</jazz:FacetElement> <jazz:FacetElement name="tot">13822</jazz:FacetElement> </jazz:Facet> <jazz:Facet name="report.MSG72_OverallDefectBacklogAged"> <jazz:FacetElement name="cnt">3</jazz:FacetElement> <jazz:FacetElement name="avg">35576</jazz:FacetElement> <jazz:FacetElement name="max">106536</jazz:FacetElement> <jazz:FacetElement name="min">46</jazz:FacetElement> <jazz:FacetElement name="dev">61453</jazz:FacetElement> <jazz:FacetElement name="tot">106729</jazz:FacetElement> </jazz:Facet>

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Sep 13 '13, 5:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kevin. That shows the maximum time a particular report had taken to display in seconds since the server startup. The above example points to a report that is not shipped out of the box with RTC.
Kevin Ramer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Sep 13 '13, 5:15 p.m.

Thanks, Rafik.   I had reasoned that way, but wanted to be sure.  I've been one these guys since March (PMR included) and each week a new all-time-record for postRenderReport is set.   Up to 4d 20h.  

I almost cried when I saw Reason #9 of "10 reasons for CLM 4.0.4" having only moved to 4.0.3 on July 27.    Kut also shared a report design that I can use to more quickly capture the 'report_creation' info.  Getting those counters as xml makes Firefox work too hard.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.