It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to check out projects with the same name diff case?

Aaron Cohen (8207851) | asked Feb 01 '09, 12:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks to wonder that is the Eclipse refactoring functionality, I somehow shared a project twice with the same name but with two different cases. When I load the component I receive a conflict. Is there any way to delete a project without loading it? I am using RTC 1.0.1 under Windows and Mac. Both the Windows and Mac filesystem are case insensitive.

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Feb 02 '09, 10:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The short answer is "no".

I believe that you have to have a project loaded to delete it from your remote workspace.

To get rid of the project you don't want:
1. Delete any projects that will cause case colisions locally.
2. Run load on your component. Select "Browse the component to set the folders to be loaded" on the first page of the wizard. On the next page of the wizard, select only the project you don't want. Finish the wizard.
3. Select the offending project in the Package Explorer or Navigator. Run 'Team > Delete from Repository' on it. Make sure your change is committed.

You should now be able to load the project that you do want.

e

permanent link
Aaron Cohen (8207851) | answered Feb 02 '09, 11:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks! I ended up using a Linux box to get around this. I also created Enhancement 69881 for this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.