It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attach 500MB attachment to RTC

Scarlett Li (20149) | asked Sep 02 '13, 12:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have a customer in China who is exploring the adoption of RTC, one of their requirement is need to attach a file up to 500MB to a work item. this scenario happens in normal frequency.

We have been pointed to a question in the forum:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/1523/attachment-size-limit-for-work-items?redirect=%2Fforum%2Fquestions%2F1523%2Fattachment-size-limit-for-work-items

I have several questions around this feature:
(1) as we have this setting, does not RTC is not recommending users to have big attachment. Are there any concerns if the users attachment is usually around 500MB?

(2) what happens if I have the default set to 50M and try to upload a 500MB attachment? why RTC want to limit this?

Looking forward for responses,
Thanks,
Scarlett

Comments
Scarlett Li commented Sep 02 '13, 9:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks sam, that make senses!

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Sep 02 '13, 12:46 p.m.
remember that all attachments are stored in the SQL database. This will consume a lot of database space. Also, it is VERY hard to remove attachments (purge them).

When I was working on this problem, our recommendation was to use Related Artifact LINKS to the files, which would be on a file server of some sort.
some of our attachments were >2gig.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.