It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permissions on Plan View - Only SM can modify Plan View?

Tom Stapleton (23135) | asked Aug 26 '13, 8:59 a.m.
For the Release and Sprint Backlogs in my project, I have configured a couple of standard views across all the teams  so there is consistency. But someone likes to tweak them to their own personal liking which messes everyone up.

Is there a way to set permissions so that only the Scrum Master can add and modify plan views? Nothing pops out at me.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Henning Sternkicker (40626) | answered Aug 27 '13, 8:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should be able to do that from the administration of your project area. In the Web Interface use the "Manage this project area" link to access the administration page of the project area. There you should see a link to "Permissions". On the Permissions page you see that you can change the Project configuration or the Team Configuration. The Plan permissions are on the Team Configuration. Choose the Team Configuration. And on the right you will see which roles have which permissions. Choose the appropiate role, e.g. the Team Member role and under "Planning" section deselect the permission to save the plan for this role. As far as I know, this will keep anybody with the role Team Member from modifying the plan views, but they are still allowed to modify the work items on that plan and save these changes.

hope that helps,

Henning

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.