It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAM "Send Email" policy question

Allen Earnest (6212437) | asked Aug 23 '13, 12:03 p.m.
Greetings all,

So in the RAM "send email" policy, there are checkboxes to send emails to owners, lifecycle managers, reviewers, etc.  Is there a way (via this policy or another technique) to send an email to the subscribers of an asset?  

I want to send an email to subscribers in a specific situation like the exisitng policy lets me do.  

I am currently not using the repository notification feature, as it is too broad.

I suspect this would be a feature request, but wanted to ask anyway.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Ben Tran (16) | answered Aug 23 '13, 12:25 p.m.
Hi Allen,

If you would like to send an email when your assets enter to a state, I suggest that you open a feature request if you wish to use the Policy.  

For other email methods: you can find some information from Sending an email about an asset from Rational Asset Manager

Comments
Rich Kulp commented Aug 23 '13, 1:27 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

BTW: Subscribers to an asset receive an email when the asset enters a state. It is a general "asset entered state" kind of email.

Also, subscribers can configure the type of notifications they receive. So if they are not interested in state entry then they won't  be annoyed with a bunch of email they don't care about.

Allen Earnest commented Aug 26 '13, 3:53 p.m.

Hey Rich

I'm looking into writing my own custom policy for emailing the subscribers of an asset.  I need access to the RAM Repository configuration so I can use the smtp IP address to send the email.

How would I get that IP address from within my custom policy?

Thanks 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.