It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Team Server Setup

Cassandra Terry (1111) | asked Jan 20 '09, 10:17 a.m.
I have a team who wants to use RTC for our Agile project. I am finding it extremely difficult to setup. I have a error that reads "A problem has occurred while loading user registry settings." I have no idea where to go from here. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

5 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 20 '09, 2:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a team who wants to use RTC for our Agile project. I am finding it extremely difficult to setup. I have a error that reads "A problem has occurred while loading user registry settings." I have no idea where to go from here. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Can you give us some idea of what version you are using (of RTC). what database, app server, operating system. That should help isolate the problem.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Cassandra Terry (1111) | answered Jan 20 '09, 3:30 p.m.
Thank you Anthony. I downloaded 1.0.1. I have launched the Apache Tomcat library, the db is Apache Derby 10.3.3.1. My problem occurred during the jazz server set up. I received an error that read "A problem occurred while loading er registry settings". The instructions tell me to how to configue the database connections, but I'm erroring out before I get the chance too. I am using the windows version.

Can you give us some idea of what version you are using (of RTC). what database, app server, operating system. That should help isolate the problem.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 20 '09, 4:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thank you Anthony. I downloaded 1.0.1. I have launched the Apache Tomcat library, the db is Apache Derby 10.3.3.1. My problem occurred during the jazz server set up. I received an error that read "A problem occurred while loading er registry settings". The instructions tell me to how to configue the database connections, but I'm erroring out before I get the chance too. I am using the windows version.

regards

anthony

OK - so unless this has changed and I didn't notice, for Derby you don't need to do any database configuration as such. If you are using the Installation Manager to install, this should do all the setup for you. The unzip version will also be preconfigured.

Is this a clean machine (or server)? You might be clashing with another installation of an application server. Are you installing as an admin user?

How far did you get in the installation?

Sorry this is all questions and no answers so far...

regards

anthony

permanent link
Cassandra Terry (1111) | answered Jan 20 '09, 5:09 p.m.
I'm workin from a clean machine as far as I know. It's my workstation/laptop. I've been working my way through the documentation (with great frustration) trying to ensure that I'm doing everything that is required. In the setup, I'm at the jazz server set up and created the Information Tab and chose Fast Path and received a db configuration error. When I chose Custom Path, it gave me the User Registry Setting error.

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jan 21 '09, 6:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
as Anthony underlined, when using embedded Derby database,
no additional setup is required (and install / setup is pretty straight
forward).

Detailed installation / post installation instructions are available in
<RTC_Server_Install_Dir>/server/install_standard.html

Please also verify that your workstation meets the requirements:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v1r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.install.doc/topics/c_supported_server_environments.html
(check JRE version)

If the problem is still present, you may want to post more details about
- configuration - attach teamserver.properties, (possibly Tomcat
configuration files)
- error - detailed error message(s)

Also, did you notice any error message while starting the RTC
Server?

Eric.

cassandraterry a crit :
I'm workin from a clean machine as far as I know. It's my
workstation/laptop. I've been working my way through the
documentation (with great frustration) trying to ensure that I'm
doing everything that is required. In the setup, I'm at the jazz
server set up and created the Information Tab and chose Fast Path and
received a db configuration error. When I chose Custom Path, it gave
me the User Registry Setting error.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.