It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot Update the remote scripts of a test case using Rest API

Eric Briere (411213) | asked Aug 09 '13, 3:38 p.m.
edited Aug 09 '13, 4:32 p.m.
So far, I have been able to programatically create new remotescripts using the Rest API and the RQMUrlUtility based on previously existing test-scripts in my system.  These new test scripts are almost identical except for a few parameters.

Now I would like to update the test cases that referenced the old version of the remotescripts so they use instead the newly created remote scripts.

SO I tried a PUT command on the parent test case and I just replaced the href of the old remotescript with the new href of the newly created remotescript.  I receive a 200 return code but the Testcase is still using the old remotescript.

Is there a special optional parameters that are required to achieve this ?

2 answers

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Aug 12 '13, 11:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Eric,

what CLM version are you running ?

It worked fine for me (i.e I could have the test script updated and reflected in the UI)
with my CLM 4.0.3 (using PUT operation with headers:  Content-Type: application/xml, OSLC-Core-Version: 2.0 ). 

You might want to recheck your XML content and/or HTTP headers.

Regards,
Stéphane

permanent link
Eric Briere (411213) | answered Aug 12 '13, 4:43 p.m.
After retrying the scenario to provide additional feedback to this forum i was more successful.  It might just have been some refresh issue.

Comments
Stephane Leroy commented Aug 13 '13, 4:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Eric,
glad to hear you solved your problem.
Regards,
Stéphane

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.