It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there anyway to query what has been delivered to a stream

Jennifer leejr@us.ibm.com (121) | asked Jan 16 '09, 2:21 p.m.
Hi - I would like to be able to check what workitems are delivered to our GA streams before we start the build. This is a check we typically do to ensure only planned workitems are in the customer level build.

I cannot seem to find a way to query which workitems are ready for the build, I can only tell after the build what went in. Does anyone know a method to query before the build?

Thanks
Jennifer

One answer

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Jan 18 '09, 8:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jennifer,

This is possible, although not provided out of the box with RTC. Since the SCM "accept" is handled as part of a canned task in the build, it's not really possible to inject yourself "before" this occurs and validate things. It's possible, but would require more work and unfortunately some Java/Ant coding to customize. What I would do, but may take some further investigation, is to let the build workspace accept the changes, then try and compare this build snapshot to the previous and fetch the work items being included. Then fail the build if some of the work items/change sets don't satisfy your criteria.

You'll have to write the validation code in Java using the SCM/Build APIs. It's a good challenge, but not for the faint of heart.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.