It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The report TER Listing doesn’t take into account a test case if it is not associated to a test plan (when the test execution record is created).

anoop mc (74811192221) | asked Aug 01 '13, 5:02 a.m.
edited Aug 01 '13, 5:55 a.m. by Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119)
Hi,

Our test team used to run TestCases directly without linking with the TestPlan.
run_tc

The report TER Listing which is supposed to list all run and running test cases with their status doesn’t take into account a test case if this one is not associated to a test plan (when the test execution record is created).

And it is not possible to modify the test execution record to specify the test plan.

tc_unlink_tp

Only after linking Test Case with TestPlan during execution the TER Listing Report generates correctly.

tc_tp

tc_report

Here our customer comes with the below suggestion before answering, I need some expert opinion on this.
"
I’m not able to provide any relevant figures regarding the progress of the tests.

I have two questions:

·         As link between test case and test plan exists, is this possible to fix the issue through a SQL update ?

·         Is this possible to get a query which extract all data into excel in order I create my own reporting with MS Excel ?

RQM Version is 2.0.1 iFIX5

3 answers

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Aug 01 '13, 11:31 p.m.
Hi,  what is the version of your RQM?

In 4.x, I can see 'Unassigned' value is listed in the Test Plan parameter of the report and allows you to show the TCERs without any test plan.

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Aug 02 '13, 2:02 p.m.
Jun's correct - we can't use any SQL to update the data directly.  

And looking ahead in vs 3.0.1 and higher, the out-of-the-box reports also are geared to the test plan being assigned.
And you cannot edit the TER after the fact either. So you definitely want the users to get in the habit when executing to assign one for reporting purposes.  Otherwise, they would have to develop their own. 

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Aug 01 '13, 11:35 p.m.
Sorry, I do not see that RQM version is 2.0.1 iFix5.
The report is able to show TCERs without test plan was implemented in RQM 3.0.1 via TER Listing report can't show the TER without test plan (43256).

You can consider to upgrade your RQM server to upgrade the report. I do not think we suggest users to run any SQL to update the data in repository directly. Maybe some others could give better suggestion.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.