It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to re-connect a component to a workspace.

Deepti Rao (335) | asked Jul 29 '13, 2:22 p.m.
Hi,

I unloaded a component from my workspace using the option "Disconnect the local content from the repository workspace." How do I re-connect my local back to the component. I do not want to do a full reload of the component or overwrite my local changes.

I also see an option under package explorer > team > Disconnect. Not sure how to connect it back.

Thanks,

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 29 '13, 4:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
To reconnect, you use the share action. It will be smart enough to detect that it has been disconnected and nothing will be reloaded.

Comments
Deepti Rao commented Aug 01 '13, 8:55 a.m.

Sharing project is making me deliver all the code not just what is different. I am using 3.0.1.

Tim Mok commented Aug 01 '13, 9:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sharing does not deliver the content. It will check-in any new changes though. Is that what you are seeing?

Deepti Rao commented Aug 01 '13, 3:05 p.m.

It is checking in the entire code, not just my new changes. I would like to see just the new changes. I do need to manually go in an discard the once I don't need?

Tim Mok commented Aug 01 '13, 3:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not quite sure how you have your project set up but it sounds like only part of what is in the project is shared with source control. In that case, you wouldn't be able to reconnect your project because it's only part of your project that's shared.

Scott Cowan commented Aug 02 '13, 9:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I just did a quick test with 4.0.4 and it worked as Tim describes.  I loaded a project from a component.  I made one simple change to one file.  I disconnected the project and chose just the "Unload" option (not "Check-in and Unload).  It was successfully unloaded.  I then shared the project and chose "Jazz Source Control".  I then found my workspace (the one that indicated it was loaded) and selected the same component it was originally loaded from.  RTC shared it and identified the same one simple change I had made originally.

Tim, are you sure this works in 3.01?

Deepti, could you run a simple test like I describe above?  Maybe then you'll find what you did differently.

Scott

Deepti Rao commented Aug 02 '13, 11:41 a.m.

Scott, Yes, I did exactly the way you described. Under outgoing I see the entire code base not just my changes.

Tim Mok commented Aug 02 '13, 11:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It's hard to tell what you're seeing without a screenshot. It sounds like your setup wouldn't allow this because of how you've loaded or how the code was initially shared.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.