It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating reports for custom queries?

Mikael Norback (61185) | asked Jan 12 '09, 11:48 a.m.
I have created several work item queries according to my various needs. As for reporting, what I want is to see an open v. closed work item report for the work items reported by some of my custom queries. Is there a way to do that? Will there be one in the future?

Pratik

One answer

permanent link
Robert Connell (116) | answered Jan 13 '09, 9:25 a.m.
At the moment you cannot create a 'report' from a work item query. We are looking into making this possible, though I can't give you a definite time frame as to when it would be available. However, there is support for creating a 'chart' in the dashboards using a work item query. If you take a look at this link:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard&id=_Glm7MKHQEdyhY-JOPv4EUw

You can see the 'Open assigned to me' viewlet; it is configured to create a chart based on the work item query of the same name.

To create a viewlet chart that operates on a work item query click the 'add viewlet' then under the Work Items drop down, select 'Work Item Statistics' - should be straightforward from there.

Comments
Vishnu Kumar commented Dec 28 '12, 4:41 a.m.

Hi Robert.. I see add new widgets but no viewlet option while creating a dashboard...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.