It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can scmtool in Aix compatible with lower IBM XL C/C++ for AIX like V7?

Jia Jia Li (8058157192) | asked Jul 22 '13, 10:11 a.m.
I find the readme said the following thing, does it mean the scmtool in Aix need IBM XL C/C++ for AIX V11.1? Our environment IBM XL C/C++ for AIX is V7, does it work? Thanks!   

Compiler used: Visual Age Compiler Suite (IBM XL C/C++ for AIX, V11.1 (5724-X13) Version: 11.01.0000.0000)
    Dependencies (All 32-bit libraries):
         /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o)
         /usr/lib/libC.a(shr.o)
         /usr/lib/libC.a(ansi_32.o)
         /usr/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o)
         /unix
         /usr/lib/libcrypt.a(shr.o)
         /usr/lib/libC.a(shrcore.o)
         /usr/lib/libC.a(ansicore_32.o)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 22 '13, 11:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You have to ensure you have the 32-bit versions of the libraries listed. Check if you have those files and the versions of them.
Jia Jia Li selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jia Jia Li commented Jul 29 '13, 9:20 a.m.

Hi, Tim

I find the user's aix java verison is 1.4,  and it can not upgraded since running app depends on java 1.4. But RTC403 scmtools needs java 1.6 and higher. Do you know two java version can exist in one aix at the same time?Thanks! 

Tim Mok commented Jul 29 '13, 9:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The config files can be set to specify a particular JVM to use. Take a look at the 'lscm', 'scm.ini', and 'scm.sh' files. Be sure to set the other app to use the JVM 1.4 that it requires (i.e. if your JVM 1.6 is in the environment path, your other app may use it).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.