It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to do non interactive upgrade for CLM

Peng Peng Wang (16134) | asked Jul 15 '13, 4:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We can found the interactive upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_upgrade_overview.html&scope=null .
But my request is to upgrade the CLM server without any prompt info.  So I tried to set the upgrade/jts/param/jts_params.bat  for NO_PROMPT=noPrompt NO_VERIFY=noVerify OVERWRITE-overwrite=yes -noStepPrompt=true.
1.  But the prompt message still happened. I don't how to walk around that. Anyone know that?
-------------------------------
The configuration files are merged successfully.
A notepad editor will be opened to let you verify the JTS teamserver.properties file.
Verify that the Public URI root denoted by the com.ibm.team.repository.server.we bapp.url property is correct.
Verify that the database properties are correct.
When done, save your changes if any and close the editor to continue the script execution.
Consult the 'Upgrading the Rational solution for CLM' topic of the Info Center for information on how to properly configure each property.

Enter [C] to continue the execution or hit [Enter] to cancel the script execution:

--------------

2. The upgrade Data WareHouse also prompted to me. How to walk around that?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Jul 15 '13, 10:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We don't officially support skipping the opening of the editor because there are upgrade scenarios when the user must have the editor opened to edit some values. If you know that you can skip the editor check, you can see comment 16 of Allow executing upgrade wrapper scripts using automated BVT (217463) for an option to skip it.

I'm not exactly sure, but I believe -noPrompt should have skipped the upgradeWarehouse prompt. If this is not the case, please open a defect so we can investigate it.
Peng Peng Wang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Peng Peng Wang commented Jul 16 '13, 3:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Bo,
Thank you very much! I will have a try.
BTW, maybe I didn't describe my request very clearly against the data warehouse upgrade. In my upgrade case, the data warehouse has been configured. But from the upgrade, I don't want the upgrade scripts to upgrade the data warehouse. Just want to the upgrade scripts skip the DW upgrade.

Bo Chulindra commented Jul 16 '13, 10:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

As of 4.0.4, there's no way to skip steps if you automate upgrade. There's an enhancement open asking for a way to skip steps: Provide a way to automate partial upgrade, then automate the completion of that upgrade at a later time. (265626)

One other answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jul 15 '13, 4:28 a.m.
Although, I haven't tried this but it looks like you can specify the no_Verify, noStepPrompt etc params while executing the <app>_upgrade scripts instead of mentioning them  in the param file.
You can verify the same by looking at jts_upgrade.bat -help

Comments
Peng Peng Wang commented Jul 15 '13, 5:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have tried to do that, like :
c:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server>upgrade\jts\jts_upgrade.bat -oldJTSHome c:\IBM\CLM4
03RC\server\conf  -noVerify -updateTomcatFiles no -noPrompt -overwrite -noStepPr
ompt.
The behavior is same as I described. The prompt info still there

Indradri Basu commented Jul 15 '13, 5:36 a.m.

Then I think opening a defect might be a good idea.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.