It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Upgrade to 4.0.3 and Splitting of CCM and JTS

Jojie Valiente (3021417) | asked Jul 08 '13, 8:56 p.m.

Hi,

I would like to know what would be the proper sequence between the two tasks listed below

1. Upgrading of our RTC from 4.0 to 4.0.3

2. Splitting of JTS and CCM (moving of JTS to another app server)

Should we do the upgrage first and then split or the other way around?

3 answers

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jul 09 '13, 8:08 a.m.
: I would still perform the upgrade first.  This way testing can be done in a tested configuration before making any changes.

Unless I misunderstood what is being attempted or there is a proxy in the topology, since the URI is not changing and only the appServer is then I would have to guess that both jts and ccm will be running on the same host.  The concern I have with not changing the uri is that both appServers will be attempting to bind to the same host:port combination.  In this scenario the first appServer to start will be able to bind where the other will get a port conflict.

Comments
Jojie Valiente commented Sep 27 '13, 1:21 a.m.

Hi Mark, the URI will not change for the split. JTS application will be moved to a different app server hosted in a different server.

Do you have a concrete step handy on how to do the split?

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jul 08 '13, 10:47 p.m.
I would upgrade first. 

For splitting jts and ccm, I suspect the uri will need to change.  If this is the case, then a server rename will be needed...a PMR will need to be openned to work with support to 1)validate a server rename is appropriate and 2)provide the server rename key.

Comments
Jojie Valiente commented Jul 08 '13, 11:27 p.m.

Thanks for your prompt reply. For the split, we will not be changing the URI.

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Sep 27 '13, 6:40 a.m.
If a rename of the URI is needed depends on the URI the server already has.
Is a proxy configured?

If there is already a proxy working and the URI has no port within you won't need to rename the server.

If your URI contains a port you will need to do a rename I think as you have to get the port outside the URI. The proxy forwards your requests to the application defined with special ports (e.g. 9443 for ccm; 9445 for rrc, etc)

Hope this helps,
Simon

Comments
Jojie Valiente commented Oct 23 '13, 1:34 a.m.

Hi, we are not updating the URI. The server where we plan to move JTS is using a dns name entry similar to what is also present in in our existing CCM server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.