It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution trend report with nested iteration levels

Paula Izaurralde (6122628) | asked Jul 02 '13, 9:32 a.m.
I have a plan with nested levels of iterations to represent different test cycles.
I need the test execution trend report. I plan to execute 1000 points in different test cycles (4). I would like the execution report to show 1000 points and the bars (completed/attempted) to sum up the TCERs of all the test cycles in my plan. I mean, I need one chart with 1000 points and all the TCERs executed in all the different test cycles (iterations). I couldn't do it. Does any one have an idea how can I do it?

My current version is RQM 4.0.2
Oracle 11g.

One answer

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Jul 03 '13, 2:35 a.m.
You would like to see execution planning points and actual points in a test plan but not care about its iterations. However, the Execution Trend report design would be hard to meet your requirement. The problem is that we filter actual points from TCERs that is filtered by iteration. Maybe you could customize our OOTB report in RRDI to implement it. Based on our cognos version of the report, you could have a try to join the actual points query with planned points query only with date (not join iteration id and date as what we did in our OOTB report), then sum the actual points to get total points from TCERs in the test plan regardless iterations in the test plan.

Comments
Flavio Peralta commented Oct 23 '13, 9:23 a.m.

Could you please specify the name of the OOTB report? I can't find it in the Sample Reports of RRDI.

Jun Wang commented Oct 23 '13, 9:35 a.m.

The Cognos version OOTB report 'Execution Trend' report.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.