It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Eclipse Client - Sharing Files in Project without Project Folder

Brian Gottfried (15346) | asked Jun 27 '13, 3:52 p.m.
Question pertaining specifically to the Eclipse client:
We're currently trying to get our team's PL/SQL code uploaded to RTC's Source Control. As I understand it, this requires that team members import the files into an Eclipse project and then share the project into their repository workspace. This works, but it results in the component having every project folder that is shared into it, as opposed to grouping the files directly under the component. We'd prefer to not have (in our case) an unnecessary level of folders between the component and the code; is there any way to share the code in a project into a repository workspace without including the overarching project folder? Or is there another way of sharing code into a repository workspace that I'm not aware of?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Jun 28 '13, 3:08 a.m.
Hello Brian,
Eclipse is designed to work with projects so that is the reason of such behavior. You can try using RTC with Windows shell integration: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.3/RTC-Windows-Shell-repo-4.0.3.zip.
Please let me know if it helps for you.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk
Brian Gottfried selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Brian Gottfried commented Jun 28 '13, 8:15 a.m.

Krysztof, we were trying to avoid having developers use the scm command line tool, as it's not terribly intuitive and we were trying to avoid putting our developers through more training than was absolutely necessary to get RTC's source control up and running. I guess we'll just set a team-wide standard for the project names going forward, as we've found that if you name the Eclipse projects the same, the files go under the same folder inside the component.

One other answer

permanent link
Dejan Custic (2855) | answered Jun 28 '13, 4:12 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brian,

You actually use the Shell client from within Windows Explorer and in 4.0.3, they created a Basic and Advanced mode. In Basic mode, the user is essentially just working with shared files and folders and doesn't manage any repository workspaces or streams. An admin user has to set up the initial project in Advanced mode and create a source control configuration file for users who work in Basic mode. Here are the Help docs http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_scm_shell_intro.html. There's a video tutorial that illustrates Advanced mode http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.shell.tutorial.doc/topics/rtc_scm_shell_tut_abstract.html

Dejan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.