It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does the CLM java etl extract the RRC customized artifact attributes and data type?

Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | asked Jun 26 '13, 10:12 a.m.
Hi, 
I create new artifact attributes and data type for requirements in RRC and want to show them in report. 
But in RRDI report query ODS, I have not seen my customized attributes and data type in requirement area.

I have the sample of JKE Banking, and I find in Requirement Enumeration Extension, there are the customized type like "Product Owner", but no Requirement xxx Extension contain my customized attribute. 

Who knows if the jave etl extract the customized attributes and data type of RRC and where I can find it? 

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Petru Acsinte (1311) | answered Jun 26 '13, 11:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

What type is your attribute based on? If it is an enumeration, then Requirement Enumeration Extension should contain the Extension Type Name with the name of your attribute. If it's a string, then the String Extension should match Extension Type Name.
Do you have any requirements that use that attribute? If there are no requirements defined, the attribute will not be loaded into the data warehouse, because the ETL is centered around requirements.
Did you re-run the ETL after creating the requirements using the attribute? Either wait for the scheduled run to be triggered, or manually launch the ETLs (it will affect the performance of the server if it's being used) from the /jts/admin interface. To do that, login to /jts/admin, go to the Reports tab and click on "Run all data warehouse collection jobs for all applications". This will run all the data collection jobs enabled in the CLM server, Requirement being close to the end. Check the Data Collection Job Status to see when the Star job has finished (it's the last one). Also, check if the Requirement job is green, then you can use the Query Studio to verify the contents of the appropriate extension table.
Good luck!

Comments
Jia Jia Li commented Jun 27 '13, 10:57 a.m.

Hi, Petru, your point of ETL centered around requirements is useful. I will have a try. 

You mentioned enumeration and string extension, does the other data type like decimal, integar, timestamp supported?
Comments again to make you notice my question :)

permanent link
Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | answered Jun 26 '13, 7:38 p.m.
Hi, Petru, your point of ETL centered around requirements is useful. I will have a try. 
You mentioned enumeration and string extension, does the other data type like decimal, integar, timestamp supported?
I run the Data Collection Job every time I changed the data in CLM. Thanks for your detail conduct~

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.