It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Malformed component load rules when used with requestTeamBuild

Holly Cummins (16132) | asked Jun 25 '13, 7:07 a.m.

I'm having problems using the team.scm.componentLoadRules property in conjunction with the requestTeamBuild ant task. What I'm doing is requesting a build through the GUI and making note of the team.scm.componentLoadRules property that gets set. I'm then calling requestTeamBuild on the same workspace and including the team.scm.componentLoadRules property in my overridePropertiesFile. Even using the exact same value for the property as RTC sets when launching by the GUI gives me the following exception:
 2013-06-24 13:14:43 [Jazz build engine] Fetching files to fetch destination "/test/jazz_build/jbe_lodi/jazz/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/build" ...
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed component load rules property setting component\=_XgkEoO6DEd-oLaBM79QWuA fileitem\=_avQhINv5EeKz0IW_qfp8YQ
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.ComponentLoadRules.<init>(ComponentLoadRules.java:78)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.preBuild(JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.java:235)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop.invokePreBuildParticipants(BuildLoop.java:845)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop$2.run(BuildLoop.java:651)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)
This is with an RTC 3 build engine.

One answer

permanent link
Holly Cummins (16132) | answered Jun 25 '13, 11:00 a.m.
 Problem solved. The problem was the escaping of the equals signs. They come out of the properties file escaped, but should not be escaped before going into the properties file. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.