It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Duplicate Folder Structures in RRC?

Brad Veitch (11078) | asked Jun 24 '13, 6:44 p.m.
Is it possible to Duplicate a Folder Structure or import a folder structure into RRC?
I'm using v4.0.0.1, upgrading to V4.0.3 next week

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jun 24 '13, 7:44 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brad,

Yes, it is possible.  You can create a project template including just the folder structure, and then create a project based on that template.  See this topic for more info.  Hope it helps,

Comments
Brad Veitch commented Jun 24 '13, 7:57 p.m.

Hi Ben - thanks for the response, but unfortunately that's not the answer to my problem. I need to be able to do it from within an existing RRC project.  I have a 3 level team structure and want to be able to duplicate a standard folder structure for the lowest level team when a new team is created.

Benjamin Silverman commented Jun 24 '13, 8:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The only other way to copy folders from one project to another is to create a ReqIF definition, export the definition and import the definition to an existing project.  You can include folders when creating the ReqIF definition, however the folders are not created in the project you're importing to if you do not include at least one artifact from each folder.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.