It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC is Not Responding when initially started

Patrick Renaud (106143) | asked Dec 22 '08, 12:13 p.m.
RTC is Not Responding for a few minutes when started for the first time using a new Eclipse workspace. It happens twice right after displaying the Welcome screen.

Why is it doing that? And is it going to be corrected anytime soon?

Happening on Vista and on linux clients.

2 answers

permanent link
Virendrasinh Gohil (3111) | answered Dec 23 '08, 3:21 a.m.
I have observed the same problem on XP.
But I figured out an alternative for this. Instead of starting the RTC with new workspace, create a folder of the workspace manually and copy two folders from exsisting workspace.
    .jazz3
    .metadata
and if needed clientdb.xml

Now, start RTC pointing to that newly created folder as workspace area. It will not hang.
I think it takes time to create these two folder and hence doesn't respond on startup with new workspace.

RTC is Not Responding for a few minutes when started for the first time using a new Eclipse workspace. It happens twice right after displaying the Welcome screen.

Why is it doing that? And is it going to be corrected anytime soon?

Happening on Vista and on linux clients.

permanent link
Anuerin Diaz (4112517) | answered Jan 06 '09, 12:19 a.m.
its probably the metadata that is causing the delay so what we normally do is to create a default "workspace" archive that we unzip to every new workspace directory that we create. copying the metadata folder as is might take too long if there are already a lot of settings and information there.

ciao!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.