It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Workitems for a specific iteration takes 15-20 minutes to save in RTC 3.0.1

Lyll Jose (111) | asked Jun 21 '13, 12:57 a.m.
RTC Workitems for a specific iteration takes 15-20 minutes to save while workitems with other iterations get saved in a minutes time .The RTC version used is 3.0.1.
After the number of workitems were reduced in the iteration it is found that it takes 3-4 minutes to save.

As per project requirement approximately 500 workpackets need to be linked to a Parent Project Workitem.So far only 100 workpackets linked and this has caused the time delay of 15-20 minutes.
Need answers to below queries to analyze why the delay happens in save of workitems that have parent links.

Is there any limitation to workitems attached to a particular Iteration ?
Is there any limitation to child links that can be made for a particular workitem?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 21 '13, 2:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Lyll,

I think you should get in contact with support to get this looked at. This is probably hard to solve in the forum.

I am not aware that there are limitations on how many links you can have and I am not sure why you would see slow save just for a timeline. Where are you doing the save? Web UI, Work Item Editor or in a plan?

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jun 21 '13, 3:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Lyll,
agree with Ralph - please contact IBM Support - https://jazz.net/help/support/
The above figures are completely unexpected here.

Thanks.
Eric.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.