It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BuildForge: how can I allow a group of users view the build result?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Jun 17 '13, 1:40 p.m.
Hi

We have different BF projects executed by different groups of people, some are launched by a service account, e.g. "bldusr" (in this case, the job's owner is "bldusr"). 

How can I let another group of users view the build job result, just view, no modify project, no execute?

I've created a couple of access groups, e.g. 
1. build engineer - people create and execute the build projects.
2. ccusers -  developers, some of them need to see the build result from BF. I can't find a way to return build log back to ClearCase at runtime.

Thanks
Jirong

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jun 18 '13, 8:28 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think the best solution is to use some inheritance with the groups.  The groups are additive in BF, so when one group inherits from another, the child will add its own permissions to the parent giving the child more permissions.  So you could create a guest access group with view permissions and then a build engineer group that inherits from guest.  Then setting the project to guest, the guest users would be able to view the project and results, but not make any changes.  The build engineer group would also be able to view since it inherits from guest, and also be able to execute, edit, etc.

Note that all groups that inherit from guest will be able to see guest assigned projects, so you may need multiple guest groups if you have different teams using the same BF as all inheriters from guest will be able to see all guest projects.  So you may need separate guest groups for each team to keep visibility scoped for each team.

~Spencer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.