It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC SCM retain execute bits for checkin files?

Robert Carter (42928789) | asked Jun 13 '13, 4:11 p.m.
I am having issues with RTC SCM removing/stripping the execute bit from my ruby and perl source files.  Can i get RTC to retain the execute bit for files checked into RTC?  Also, would this behavior be support across different platforms like Windows and UNIX.  Since Windows doesn't really not about the execute bit, would it strip it or just ignore it, so my Linux developers don't loose this.

Right now my workaround is to put the execute bit back on the files individually or with a script.

2 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jun 13 '13, 4:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can set the execute bit from the Eclipse client in the file's properties under the Jazz Source Control properties. Check-in and deliver the change so others receive the change.

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered Jun 13 '13, 9:26 p.m.
 Hi Robert,  there is an issue with the load operation stripping this bit.  This is being tracked in the following workitem which is not yet implemented.  

UNIX File Permissions Aren't Maintained After scm load... (161875)

I'd suggest voting up the RFE's mentioned in comment 27 in the RFE community.  These are official requests that have SLA's which development and product management are required to update\respond to within certain time frames.  

Comments
Tim Mok commented Jun 17 '13, 9:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

That work item is about the other file permissions. It is stated in the work item that the only permission preserved is the execute bit.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.