It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade RTC 3.0.1 to RTC 4.0.2, from win server 2003 to 2008.

Ziv Rechnitser (911618) | asked Jun 04 '13, 5:49 a.m.
Hi,

Current installation -  RTC 3.0.1 + WAS 7.0.0.27 install on Windows server 2003.
We want to upgrade to RTC 4.0.2, How (if possible) can we upgrade to this version and in the same time move the installation to Windows server 2008 (64bit)?

THX,

Ziv

One answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Jun 04 '13, 7:07 a.m.
What we usually recommend is to move to Win2008 first, to avoid having RTC 4.0.x being run on Win2003 (which is unsupported). So the correct course of action would be
1. move to Win 2008
2. upgrade RTC
I know, not exactly "at the same time".

Comments
Ziv Rechnitser commented Jun 04 '13, 7:36 a.m. | edited Jun 04 '13, 7:37 a.m.

Your answer makes sense and that what I thought to do.
The thing is - how to upgrade if the old RTC installation does not sit in the same new RTC server?
All the Documentation I found about the upgrading process refer to using the same server for the old and new RTC.
How can I do this?

THX,

Ziv

Piotr Aniola commented Jun 04 '13, 7:46 a.m.

The process is not different at all.
Even within the same machine, upgrade is essentially installation of the new version, and transfer of the configuration from the old instance to the new one. This can as well be made if the two instances are on two different machines.

One constraint is that both machines need to have the same network name, otherwise an additional step of a server rename needs to be performed (only possible on version 4).

Ziv Rechnitser commented Jun 05 '13, 2:57 a.m.

Thank Piotr

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.