It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is my Created By contributor field blank?

Mark Lavender (1144) | asked Dec 09 '08, 11:56 a.m.
I created a new work item with a new editor presentation. In the only section on the only tab I have two contributor fields and one description field.

One of the contributor fields has the Owned By attribute, and that works fine. But the other one that uses the Created By attribute is blank. Any idea why?

3 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Dec 09 '08, 12:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mark
The Created By field should never be empty (at least in the eclipse UI). Is it blank or does it display 'None'? Is the attribute name (the left part of the presentation) shown.
Could you post the relevant part of the Process Specification Source here (the configuration-data point with id 'com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.configuration.presentations')?

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Mark Lavender (1144) | answered Dec 09 '08, 2:34 p.m.
I thought I had tried it in Eclipse, but just in case, I tried it again, and the value was populated. So I guess my next question is why it doesn't show a value on the Web? Of course, it has a value (as shown via Eclipse and when I run queries), but when I open the work item, I only see the label "Created By" and next to it, it's blank.

permanent link
Patrick Streule (4.9k21) | answered Dec 09 '08, 3:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I thought I had tried it in Eclipse, but just in case, I tried it
again, and the value was populated. So I guess my next question is
why it doesn't show a value on the Web? Of course, it has a value
(as shown via Eclipse and when I run queries), but when I open the
work item, I only see the label "Created By" and next to
it, it's blank.

This sounds like a bug. Please open a work item on jazz.net for this
problem and file it against Work Items/Web UI.

--
Regards,
Patrick
Jazz Work Item Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.