It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why doesn't adding a team member in a team allow them access to the owned component in RTC 4.0.1?

Charles Cruse (1521213) | asked May 07 '13, 12:11 p.m.
Hi.

We have a small number of restricted components within our product.  We manage this by making those components owned by a unique team that only has the subset of our organization as members and selecting the check box that says 'restrict to...'.  We have been doing this quite successfully for almost a year now. 

In March, I added one member to the team and he then had access to the restricted component just fine. However, this week, when I added members to the team, they could not get access to the restricted component.  ( I have added and deleted them a number of times, with different roles, but with the same results.)  The only difference that I know of between March and now is that we migrated from RTC 3.0.1.3 to RTC 4.0.1.  The folks that I gave access to before the migration are still able to access the restricted component.

Any help would be appreciated!
Why can't new members of the owning team access the restricted component?

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered May 09 '13, 11:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Charles,

while there have been changes and additions to Source Code access control in RTC 4.0 your scenario should still work as before. It does sound like a featurette which you might want to report on jazz.net and / or Rational Support.

Does the scenario work in a newly set up test project on your server with newly created components the way you expect it?

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.