It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

help - linux command line uninstall 1.0, install 1.0.1

jeff oestreich (1061148) | asked Dec 05 '08, 5:58 p.m.
We have installed RTC 1.0 on a headless, remote linux server. Played, had our fun, ready to move on, don't want any of the baggage to come with us.

We got uninstall to execute by editing the /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/uninstall.sh file to add the -silent and -nosplash parms (above and beyond the directions provided in README.txt). Seemed to work, removed all of the pre-installed server tree items, left the logs and configs. I have now deleted the JazzTeamServer directory and am trying to install 1.0.1. Seeing this:

/data/setup_files/rtc/linux # ./install -input install-server.xml --launcher.ini silent-install.ini

Cannot roll back to pacakge com.ibm.cic.agent version null because it is not installed
Install:
/opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/jre_5.0.3.sr8a_20080811b/jre/bin/java
-Dcic.agentRelaunched=true
-Xquickstart
-Xgcpolicy:gencon
-jar
/opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.100.v20080303.jar
-exitdata
1c18004
-ws
gtk
-accessRights
admin
-launcher
/opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/IBMIM
--launcher.library
/opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_1.0.100.v20080303
-startup
/opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.100.v20080303.jar
-nosplash
-accessRights
admin
-silent
-input
@osgi.install.area/install.xml
-input
install-server.xml
-vm
/opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/jre_5.0.3.sr8a_20080811b/jre/bin/java
-vmargs
-Dcic.agentRelaunched=true
-Xquickstart
-Xgcpolicy:gencon
-jar

Terminates back to command prompt at that point with nothing discernible for me to fix.

It appears that my installation manager files may have been updated by running the install command, but I don't have an opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer directory.

I suspect my 1.0 uninstall has not really fully uninstalled but have not found any additional uninstall documentation.

Appreciate any help or pointers.

One answer

permanent link
jeff oestreich (1061148) | answered Dec 05 '08, 10:39 p.m.
did some googling and some looking at the output and decided the InstallationManager was my problem. Ran this:

/var/ibm/InstallationManager/uninstall/uninstall --launcher.ini silent-uninstall.ini

which removed InstallationManager. It now appears to be allowing me to proceed with installing 1.0.1...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.