It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to downgrade the eclipse GUI between minor versions (4.0.2 to 4.0.1)?

Andrei Litvin (23149) | asked Apr 24 '13, 3:53 p.m.
I have installed the latest RTC eclipse GUI that at the moment is version 4.0.2 (for my own tests, as I created a server that is 4.0.2 as well).

In the mean time, I received an invitation to a different server/project and when trying to connect, the GUI displays "Your client is version 4.0.2, and the server is version 4.0.1. These versions are not compatible" and it displays a link for "upgrade", which is useless as this is not an upgrade.

Can I have two RTC Eclipse versions in parallel? Also, should minor version updates not be compatible to each-other?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Apr 24 '13, 4:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can install another Eclipse with a different version of RTC to meet the version requirement. The easiest would be getting the 4.0.1 Eclipse client zip and extract that somewhere. No install necessary and it will be set at the version you need for the 4.0.1 server.

Compatibility between versions is n-1 (https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_n-1.html). You can use an older client with a newer server but not the other way.
Andrei Litvin selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Paul Sims (31513421) | answered Apr 24 '13, 4:05 p.m.
edited Apr 24 '13, 4:06 p.m.
Andrei, I have installed two (and sometimes more) RTC Eclipse clients and they co-exist well. When I install, I add the release number to the directory name, e.g., TeamConcert_401 and TeamConcert_402. You'll probably want to rename the shortcut you use to launch each client version so you can differentiate between the shortcuts. I also add a suffix to the workspace name to keep them separate, e.g., workspace_401 and workspace_402.
- Paul

RTC Client Directory Naming

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Apr 24 '13, 4:33 p.m.
+ what Tim mentioned, you may find the Compatibility Matrix handy.

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Apr 24 '13, 6:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Be careful of using the same workspace with different versions of RTC. Once a workspace has been used with one version of RTC, it may no longer work correctly with an older version of RTC.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.