It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link Attribute to Source Control Snapshot?

Victoria Edgar (2335) | asked Apr 23 '13, 8:37 a.m.

I would like to create an attribute which is linked to a source control snapshot.  i.e. Field "Found In" I would like to lookup the snapshot list of releases as opposed to creating and maintaing an enumeration list.

Could someone advise how this can be done?

Thanks.

Comments
Piotr Aniola commented Apr 23 '13, 8:40 a.m.

This is the best idea I heard in months.
Unfortunately, I doubt whether this is possible (perhaps there is an SDK based solution available).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 23 '13, 9:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Victoria, the way RTC supports this is by creating a Release from a build (in the Eclipse client) as shown below:

Once you have done that, you can select the Release Name in the Release Tab of the Project Editor like below

You can also enter stub releases here such as R4 M2 to be able to select them in the Found In attribute. You will find that you can navigate from the release to the build result.

An attribute on the snapshot is currently not supported for all I know. If you feel this is needed, please create an enhancement request and provide your use case.

Victoria Edgar selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Victoria Edgar (2335) | answered Apr 23 '13, 9:09 a.m.
Brilliant - thanks for your help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.