It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Download .CSV disabled during Edit Query?

Paul W Jones (2144) | asked Apr 21 '13, 6:15 a.m.
I'm working in RTC 4.0.1 on a Query, so I'm in Edit Query, and to test I run that query as I am editing it, but really what I'm doing is trying to get the columns and so forth correct to download into a spreadsheet (.csv) file.  However, that particular icon, while it shows up and if I hover over it seems to say:

Download as Spreadsheet (.csv)

But the icon seems to be greyed out, and clicking on it does nothing.

Is this a known bug?

What release is it fixed on (4.0.2?)?

Comments
Paul W Jones commented Apr 21 '13, 6:17 a.m.

I have been looking through the forum a bit more, and found reference to:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=114977

But that seems to be to RTC 3.0.5 and has a resolved date, so I'm assuming either that fix got missed in RTC 4, or there's new breakage.

3 answers

permanent link
Steven Holtsberg (29665) | answered Apr 22 '13, 6:30 p.m.
I also tested with 4.0.3 M4, and I reproduced the behavior.  The "Download as Spreadsheet" icon is not available just after I made the change to the query. I had to save first and re-run the query.

permanent link
Steven Holtsberg (29665) | answered Apr 22 '13, 6:03 p.m.
The icon is grayed out until the Save button is pressed, and the query is re-run.  I believe this is the intended behavior.  See work item 102715, which implies that this is the correct behavior.  I tested this on 4.0.2 and on the upcoming 4.0.3.
If you find that the icon is still grayed out for you after saving and re-running, or if you believe the behavior should be changed, then please submit a defect.

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Apr 22 '13, 6:21 p.m.
You have to specifically hit the "Close" button to quit the Edit mode before making "Download as Spreadsheet" available. This has been the case on RTC 2.x and 3.x. 

I just tested with 4.0.3 M4. It is no longer true with this verison. The "Download as Spreadsheet" is available no matter if user is in the View or Edit mode. 

Hope it helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.