It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set value for adapter when start RQMJUnitSeleniumAdapter

sisi zhang (1123) | asked Apr 19 '13, 5:36 a.m.
edited Apr 19 '13, 6:00 a.m.
I see the guide to start RQMJUnitSeleniumAdapter is:
start.bat -repository https://rqmserver:port/qm -userid userid –password password –
adapter adapter -projectArea projectArea -adapterName adaptername

What value should I enter for adapter? In some document, it is said adapter is a user-given adapter identifier.
Can I enter anything as adapter? I just enter –adapter SeleAdapter. The adpater failed to connect to the server

Comments
sisi zhang commented Apr 19 '13, 5:56 a.m.

When I try to start adapter, I see following message
Configuration file F:\RQM adapters\Config2.ini does not exist, adapter will use
the arguments passed
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: SSL_TLS SSLContext not available
Unable to create SSL_TLS context, trying TLS
Successfully created an HTTP client

sisi zhang commented Apr 19 '13, 5:56 a.m.

java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: SSL_TLS SSLContext not available
Unable to create SSL_TLS context, trying TLS
The adapter failed to connect to the server
com.ibm.rqm.integration.client.clientlib.RQMProtocolException: Unable to log int
o server: 401: https://cdljazz01.cn.ibm.com:9446/qm
        at com.ibm.rqm.integration.client.clientlib.RQMConnectionHelper.login(RQ
MConnectionHelper.java:204)
        at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library.data.ServerInformation.login(ServerInform
ation.java:184)
        at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library.data.NewRequester.<init>(NewRequester.jav
a:138)
        at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline.QMCommandLineAdapter.main(QMCommandLi
neAdapter.java:264)
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.abdera.parser.ParseException: javax.xml.st
ream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[-1,-1]

2 answers

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Apr 23 '13, 4:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi sisi,
What version of RQM do you have?
The adapter name is any name you can give for the adapter. That is the name that shows up in the adapter console once it is registered. In order to register the adapter, you should ensure the user has the right permissions and licence and is a member of the project area.
More details in:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_adapter_connection_issues.html
Thanks,
Deepa

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Apr 23 '13, 4:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sisi,
-adapter is optional and denotes the adapter identifier. If not specified a unique id is automatically generated.  If specified, this value MUST be unique across all adapters in a given project as it is used by the RQM server to identify this adapter.
-adapterName is the name for the adapter.
Please ensure the user has write permissions in the working directory where the config2.ini is created.
You can also look at the readme.txt available in the adapter.

Thanks,
Deepa

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.