It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to point Websphere Application Server to the DB2 jdbc driver directory

Adam Wereszczynski (92811932) | asked Apr 18 '13, 4:51 a.m.
edited Jun 09 '15, 10:40 a.m. by Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738)
Hello,

I have been trying to run the IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) 2012 Administration Workshop.
I have deployed evaluation topology of CLM 4.0.2 and successfully migrated it to DB2 9.7 Express C and WAS ND 8.0.0.5 with IHS on Windows 2008 R2 64 bit.

I am now facing the problem described in https://jazz.net/library/article/1173.

I try to apply the workaround:

To solve this issue, use an older DB2 JDBC driver. The latest compatible driver is from DB2 fixpack 3a (driver version 4.11.77).

Complete the following steps:

1. Stop the server.
  2. Add the following environment variable:
    DB2_ABSPATH=driver_path
    where driver_path is a path to folder where the correct version of the db2jcc4.jar file is located. For example: DB2_ABSPATH=C:\JazzTeamServer\db2.
  3. Restart the server.

But JTS is still using the 4.14.88 driver.

Here is what I did:

I have  downloaded the FP3a and extracted db2jcc4.jar to C:\AdminWS\IBM\JazzTeamServer\db2driver.

Then I try to add an environment variable of DB2_ABSPATH=
C:\AdminWS\IBM\JazzTeamServer\db2driver

I added the variable in several places:
- Environment -> Websphere Variables
- Servers -> WAS Servers -> server1 -> Process Definition -> Environment Entries
- ----------------------------------||----------------------------------------- -> JVM -> Custom Properties

I even added the variable in Windows for both Administrator and system-wide, but still WAS uses 4.14.88.

In command prompt, echo %DB2_ABSPATH% returns C:\AdminWS\IBM\JazzTeamServer\db2driver

Accepted answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Apr 18 '13, 5:50 a.m.
edited Jun 09 '15, 10:44 a.m.
Apparently, CLM 4.0.2 is still shipped with jdbc (jcc) driver version 4.14.88.
This is unpacked to a file called db2jcc4_internal.jar to be used by Websphere Application Server.
Replacing this file with the correct driver version fixes the problem.

The file to change is com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.db2_1.1.1300.v20130129_0138.jar under JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\sites\update-site\plugins
For other CLM applications replace jts with ccm, qm etc.
In that jar, there is a db2jcc4_internal file. You have to rename your downloaded db2jcc4 and replace the file inside the jar file.

Please note that this may mean that
defect 236173 is not fixed at all, and that the workaround described there is not working in 4.0.2.
Adam Wereszczynski selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Adam Wereszczynski commented Apr 18 '13, 5:51 a.m.

This works, thank!

One other answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Apr 18 '13, 5:02 a.m.
Hi Adam,

how exactly did you add the environment variable, through the command prompt or through the environment variables GUI? The prompt method will not work, as the environment variables changes are local to the command window.

Moreover, the defect 236173 should have been fixed in 4.0.1. If it's not, perhaps we should reopen it?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.