It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to setValue for a custom Attribute

kishan adhi (44279) | asked Apr 10 '13, 1:47 p.m.
Hi,
i am using plain java API to get connected with RTC from eclipse.
I have n number of custom attributes.
Some of them I can set value using the literal value (      workItem.setValue(attrWic,"ILiteral:cmoCategory.literal.l4");)
but some I am not able to set the value

When I do getValue i get different scenarios.

Scenario 1
workItem.getValue(iAttribute1).toString();  returns  affected_environments.literal.l1

Scenario 2
workItem.getValue(iAttribute2).toString(); returns com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.ILiteral:cmoCategory.literal.l3

Anything that has output like scenario 2 I am unable to setValue() I am getting following error message

Exception occurred during playback of script [Script1] [CRFCN0019E: RationalTest
ScriptException on line 48 of script Script1 - java.lang.ClassCastException: jav
a.lang.String incompatible with com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.Identifier.].

Please suggest me how to set value for such custom attributes.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183199) | answered Apr 10 '13, 3:20 p.m.
My experience is that the literal ID follows the colon (:) in the result of workItem.getValue(iAttribute2).toString()
Look at your Process Source for the enumeration. You're likely to find id="cmoCategory.literal.l3" but not the other.
So try split(":") to get the parts, use the 2nd for the value to workItem.setValue() method.

Comments
kishan adhi commented Apr 11 '13, 8:39 a.m.

It didn't work using the logic you gace

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.0k33645) | answered Apr 10 '13, 3:47 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 There is some code that might help here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/manipulationg-work-item-enumeration-values/ . I am not sure what the issue is.

Comments
kishan adhi commented Apr 11 '13, 8:44 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
Thanks for the reply
Your suggestion worked partially
I used 1 of your method in the link
i.e. 

private static Identifier getLiteralEqualsString(String name, IAttributeHandle ia)

This method only returned me the literal ID for scenario 2(com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.ILiteral:cmoCategory.literal.l3 ) where else it dint return anything at all for the Scenario 1
workItem.getValue(iAttribute1).toString();  returns  affected_environments.literal.l1

please help me out how to get value from the custom attributes for scenario 1

Thanks
for your time

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 11 '13, 11:08 a.m. | edited Apr 11 '13, 11:09 a.m.

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. You need to cast to the correct thing. If you getValue(IAttribute) on an enumeration type attribute you get an Identifier.

Object prio = workItem.getValue(priority);
if (prio instanceof Identifier<?>) {
    Identifier<?> identifier = (Identifier<?>) prio;
    System.out.print("\tIdentifier: " + identifier.getStringIdentifier());
}
The code gets the identifier and you would have to look up a display value analog to the way it is described in the post. I am not aware of an easier way - which does not mean there is none that I haven't found.

kishan adhi commented Apr 11 '13, 12:54 p.m.

This code only works for scenario 2 did not return any value for the first scenario .
Any other suggestion?
Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 11 '13, 12:58 p.m.

Scenario 1 does not make sense to me, so you might want to be more explicit about the use case and what you want to achieve. 

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 11 '13, 1:05 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.