It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a list of all the expressions you can use to colorize work items

Caroline Smith (4611923) | asked Apr 10 '13, 6:30 a.m.
I would like to colorize work items based on the status of the work item.  I am using a custom workflow and when I used the expression status:blocked nothing happens.

Also on a similar customization note.  Is it possible to display custom attributes in the view layout.  We have a ticket number that is very important but it is not in the list of items that I can add to the layout.

I am using eclipse client 3.0.1

Thanks in advance
Caroline

Accepted answer

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Apr 10 '13, 7:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Typing Ctrl + <Space> brings up the available attributes list while adding the colorize from web client as well as Eclipse client.

For the new custom attributes to appear in the column's list you need to add it in the Attribute Mapping under Planning in process configuration of the project area.
Caroline Smith selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Caroline Smith commented Apr 10 '13, 8:38 a.m.

that ctrl+space shortcut is exactly what I was looking for.

I will go and take a look at the attribute mapping now.  Thanks! 

One other answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Apr 10 '13, 7:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Caroline,

I found this help topic on colorizing work items:  https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.apt.doc/topics/r_quick_query_syntax.html&scope=null.  Try using state instead of status.

When you say adding a custom attribute to the view layout, do you mean display a custom attribute in a work item?  If so, the basic steps are to create the attribute for the work item type and then open the work item editor that is bound to that work item type and add a presentation for the custom attribute.

Comments
Caroline Smith commented Apr 10 '13, 8:38 a.m.

doh, using the correct word would have been a great idea!!!

I have the custom attributes displaying in the presentation when I open the work item but I want to use some of them on the actual ranked list view. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.