It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SQLSERVER_ABSPATH EV does not allow a value with white space

Yanzhuang Li (31134126) | asked Nov 26 '08, 10:50 a.m.
When trying to setup the envirinment variable SQLSERVER_ABSPATH, I noticed that a whitespace is not allowed in the value. For example, if it is set to "E:\Program Files\sqljdbc_1.2\enu", an error was thrown when running repotools - "Files\sqljdbc_1.2\enu=[] not found". I did not see the error when the EV was set to "E:\temp\SQL_JDBC\sqljdbc_1.2\enu".

Anyone noticed this?

Is this a Microsoft bug or a RTC bug? I assume the latter. Any comment? Thanks,

3 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Nov 26 '08, 12:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, we are aware of the problem.

You need to use E:[b:1d4ebcace0]Progra~1\sqljdbc_1.2\enu to use the sql jdbc jar from program files directory.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

When trying to setup the envirinment variable SQLSERVER_ABSPATH, I noticed that a whitespace is not allowed in the value. For example, if it is set to "E:\Program Files\sqljdbc_1.2\enu", an error was thrown when running repotools - "Files\sqljdbc_1.2\enu=[] not found". I did not see the error when the EV was set to "E:\temp\SQL_JDBC\sqljdbc_1.2\enu".

Anyone noticed this?

Is this a Microsoft bug or a RTC bug? I assume the latter. Any comment? Thanks,

permanent link
Yanzhuang Li (31134126) | answered Nov 26 '08, 12:03 p.m.
Thank you, Balaji.

Is there a defect for this?

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Dec 08 '08, 3:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yanzhuang Li opened work item 65421 on
jazz.net.https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=65421

yanli a crit :
Thank you, Balaji.

Is there a defect for this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.