It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the use of group filter option in widget?

dhingreja rajkot (6179) | asked Apr 04 '13, 7:31 a.m.
edited Apr 04 '13, 7:58 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)
What is the use of group filter option in widget????

4 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Apr 04 '13, 7:47 a.m.
edited Apr 04 '13, 7:48 a.m.
Hi Ameet,
The group filters are described in new and noteworthy for RTC 2.0.0.1: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.1?p=news
There is also jazz.net enhancement to better document it: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=94549

Let me know if it helps for you.

Regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Apr 04 '13, 9:17 a.m.

Thank you for this link. I searched this since long time.

Ginny Ghezzo commented Aug 29 '13, 10:31 a.m. | edited Aug 29 '13, 5:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This was incredibly helpful.   I am still having some odd behavior but in teneral this write up is great.   

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Apr 04 '13, 8:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
as the tool tip says "A list of user-defined filters that group results under custom group labels.", Group Filters  are meant for custom group labeling. 

the example in https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.1?p=news shows how the severity parameters blocker, critical and major are grouped into Must Fix

permanent link
Ralph Earle (25739) | answered Nov 05 '13, 4:35 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 05 '13, 4:36 p.m.
Here are some of the things I discovered by using the group filter feature: 
  • "Label" is the field that displays on the widget and "Filter" is an instance of the category that the label includes
  • As far as I can tell, you can't specify multiple filters; you need to specify one at a time. 
  • Spacing has to be exactly like in the UI. If you add an extra space after any of your labels, it will treat it as a different label.
  • When a new status is specified for a work item returned by this query, it will show up independently in the pie chart until it is associated with an existing label.
Using the group filter, I was able to organize the following work item statistics widget 
so that it looked like this: 

Here are the settings I used to achieve this result: 
It would be handy to combine Filter entries in a single field for each Label, but I tried several alternatives without success. 

I find the Group Filter feature very helpful, and will continue to use it, but agree that it needs to be documented. I opened Enhancement 288370 against the User Assistance team.

permanent link
Carole Schwarz (3613) | answered May 12 '16, 8:37 a.m.
Been awhile since this was posted, but I discovered this when I was trying to remember how to use the group filter.  On 5.0.2, I am required to put an "=" sign in front of the value in the Filter field in order for this to work.  Thought that might help others in case anyone was looking for this info.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.