It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Leaving team server running: is the content in the help up to date ? thought current version of jazz server runs on 64 bit instead of 32?

Cherifa Mansoura (13389) | asked Apr 01 '13, 9:07 a.m.
retagged Apr 01 '13, 2:28 p.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
Help link: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_run_rqm64_win_service.html
to take you to the content:
<<Currently, the 32-bit version of Apache Tomcat that is installed with Jazz™ Team Server does not run as a service on 64-bit Microsoft Windows computers. To run Jazz Team Server as a service on a 64-bit computer, you must replace the 32-bit version of Apache Tomcat with the 64-bit version>

Need help on how to run and start up a team server automatically even if I log-off.

2 answers

permanent link
Lisa Caten (342913) | answered Apr 01 '13, 2:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I see 2 questions:
  1. Is the help content up to date?
    As Ralph pointed out, your URL is to the v3 help. The version 4.0.1 Running in Apache Tomcat as a Windows service topic is up to date.
  2. How do you start a team server automatically and keep it running when you log out of Windows?
    I don't know of a way to do that.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 01 '13, 10:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Your link shows v3r0. Try v4r0 instead or go to the download page of your version.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 02 '13, 3:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You want to configure Tomcat as a service so that it gets started in a system context as soon as the server is started.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.