It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Value set not working

Sola Otudeko (4511516) | asked Mar 14 '13, 7:45 a.m.
edited Mar 14 '13, 7:47 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi, I have some child project areas all inheriting process from a master project area. The children override the enumerations and a value set attribute customisation. The value set however does not work for the relevant fields. However, I created a new child PA, did the local customisation as the others and the value set works. Then I copied the xml src from the new PA that works into one of the child PA's where it didn't work, and now that one works as well. When I put its xml src back, I reintroduce the problem. Looks like the local customisation is triggering this problem. I've compared the 2 xml src's but nothing obvious. Anyone encountered this or any idea what might be happening here. I would ignore this except we have some 'live' project areas in existence which I can't reverse.
regards
Sola

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 14 '13, 7:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sola, I would consider to create a defect for this in https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome or to create a PMR.
Sola Otudeko selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sola Otudeko commented Mar 15 '13, 6:01 a.m.

Hi Ralph. I'll probably do that. What we've since found is it is the actual value set definition that is the problem. It looks like it has been corrupted somehow. So the specific change that caused the non-working one to work was the use of the new value set id that was created. I've not been able to reproduce the problem (ie. cause a working value set to stop working) but only possible clue to the problem we have may be in the use of both v3 and v4 clients. The server is v4, but we have a mix of v3 and v4 clients that may create and customise the enums and value set. Maybe this caused this problem?
regards
Sola

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 15 '13, 6:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sola, I don't know. You could try to only modify the process specification with the 4.x clients.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.