It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Test Connection" question

Robert Johnston (4378) | asked Mar 22 '13, 8:54 a.m.

I am running RTC 4.01 and have a couple of build engines defined for z/OS Build Agents. When I go to the Build Agent defintion, there is a button for "Test Connection". So far as I can tell, the test will ping the agent and respond with an OK/Not OK.

My question is this. Does that also test that the Build agent is able to connect back to the repository? I'm guessing not as our "Test Connection" Reports no problems, but the build will run for a while and then fail with a "Error logging into repository"

Is there a way to test that the Agent can log into the repository short of running a build?

Thanks

Rob

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Mar 22 '13, 9:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 There is no way to test the connection back to the repository from the agent.  That completely depends on the build and what credentials the build has been started with, so it will require running the build to verify the connectivity.  That is assuming that you are using an Ant script of some kind.  If you are running something that isn't trying to manipulate things in the RTC repository, then the log can be written right back to RTC with no problems.

~Spencer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.