It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to configure Metadata in a RPE Report to display all iterations of a project

Erwin Kunz (94686986) | asked Mar 20 '13, 6:40 a.m.
CLM 4.0.1 RPE1.1.2.2
I've a report where I would like to enable the user to select on of the project iteration

REST Call below works fine
${public}/rpt/repository/foundation?fields=foundation/projectArea[itemId=${projectAreaUUID}]/(projectDevelopmentLine/iterations/(name|children/(name|children/(name))))

What should I put in the Display and Identifier fields?
a) /foundation/projectArea/projectDevelopmentLine/iterations/(name|children/(name|children/(name)))
==> ends with error: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: A location step was expected following the '/' or '//' token.
b)/foundation/projectArea/projectDevelopmentLine/iterations/(name)
==> returns only the first level

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Mar 20 '13, 10:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You could use the "//" operator in your display and identifier expressions, i.e. "//name".  This will search the entire result of your REST call for the "name" attribute, no matter where it is nested in the iteration tree.
Erwin Kunz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Erwin Kunz commented Mar 20 '13, 11:17 a.m.

Ok, ok I'm newbie :-)
Should I have found this in some doc? Can you give me some hints where to look at such "hidden" features

Thanks anyway, you made my day

Alanna Zito commented Mar 20 '13, 12:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad I could help :-) The display and identifier fields are just xPath expressions; so while we don't have any specific doc about how to construct them, you should be able to use any online resources about xPath to help you out .  I'm not an expert at XPath myself, but I find this guide to be very helpful. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.