It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Baseline naming convention adviser Plug in using Server Side API

priyanka jogdand (1518) | asked Feb 15 '19, 5:13 a.m.

Hi All,

I have requirement that while creating the baseline, baseline name should be auto populate with some predefined name structure in RTC 6.0.5. Is there any server side API available to do this same as we can do for stream and components.  or
can we validate the baseline name with some predefined name using java script?
Thanks in Advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Luca Martinucci (1.0k397112) | answered Feb 18 '19, 4:15 a.m.

According to this page of the wiki:

you cannot "extend" (i.e., trigger a plugin when it is performed) the baseline creation operation.
Anyway, the page refers to an old version of RTC (3.0.1.2), and we cannot rule out that newer versions support this kind of extension.
Have you considered the alternative of automating the baseline creation after a delivery, or when you change the state of a work item?

priyanka jogdand selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
priyanka jogdand commented Feb 18 '19, 4:24 a.m.

Thanks for your response. I have not consider any alternative. My query was regarding the naming convention for baseline while creating only.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 18 '19, 4:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please create an enhancement request. I think it is a good idea to have enforceable naming conventions. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.