It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM Build Failure: An image can only be deployed in the same cloud group it has been registered

Joe Loewengruber (133) | asked Mar 19 '13, 9:21 a.m.
Saurabh,

I've simply coded the image deployment properties in the pattern to get a past the error we saw previously, but I see the subject error.   It would be helpful to know what cloud group my pattern is being deployed against.   The pattern was imported into SCD via the wizard and the cloud group appears to be set to HSLT.  Could there be a conflict coming from somewhere else?

Snippet from my pattern weaver file:
# Available cloud groups:
  # id 1: HSLT
  # id 2: rtvcpoc1
  # id 3: rtpvcell70
  property :cloud_group => 1, :name => "cloud"

Build logs
[weaver:deploy] Expires: Thu, 01 Dec 1994 16:00:00 GMT
[weaver:deploy]
[weaver:deploy]     {
[weaver:deploy]    "message": "An image can only be deployed in the same cloud group it has been registered. "
[weaver:deploy] }
[weaver:deploy] ! CONNECTION CLOSED
[weaver:deploy] E, [2013-03-19T08:31:40.684000 #15715] ERROR -- : Caught #<DevopsDeploymentLib::HttpError: Error: Unrecognized Code, 400 - Bad Request> deploying; backtrace=/opt/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/devops_deployment_lib-0.2.1/lib/devops_deployment_lib/providers/iwd_virtual_system_client.rb:604:in `execute_request'/opt/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/devops_deployment_lib-0.2.1/lib/devops_deployment_lib/providers/iwd_virtual_system_client.rb:554:in `execute_post_request'/opt/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/devops_deployment_lib-0.2.1/lib/devops_deployment_lib/providers/iwd_virtual_system_client.rb:425:in `create_instances'/opt/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/devops_deployment_lib-0.2.1/lib/devops_deployment_lib/providers/virtual_system_deployment_manager.rb:123:in `deploy'/opt/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/weaver-0.2.9/lib/weaver/deployers/plugins/iwd_deployer.rb:125:in `deploy'/opt/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/weaver-0.2.9/lib/weaver/environment.rb:198:in `deploy'<script>:11:in `(root)'
[weaver:deploy] Weaver::Core::WeaverError: Virtual system deployment failed (original=Error: Unrecognized Code, 400 - Bad Request)
[weaver:deploy]   deploy at /opt/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/weaver-0.2.9/lib/weaver/deployers/plugins/iwd_deployer.rb:129
[weaver:deploy]   deploy at /opt/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/weaver-0.2.9/lib/weaver/environment.rb:198
[weaver:deploy]   (root) at <script>:11

BUILD FAILED
/etc/jbe/work/jke-build/JazzSMContinuousDelivery/build.xml:1042: Error while processing deploy task (environment = environment)  WeaverException message: Error while executing Weaver: (WeaverError) Virtual system deployment failed (original=Error: Unrecognized Code, 400 - Bad Request)

Total time: 1 minute 25 seconds
Build failed. Exit value was 1.

3 answers

permanent link
Ann Marie Fred (1111) | answered Mar 19 '13, 3:35 p.m.
Two questions:
1) Can you go to the VSP and deploy it manually?  I don't expect the SCD part to work, but do the VMs at least come up?  You may have a problem with the VSP or image itself.

2) Can you post the pattern Weaver file as it was created (using the automated import), and the file after you changed it?  (Just remove anything confidential like passwords or IP addresses.)

permanent link
Joe Loewengruber (133) | answered Mar 20 '13, 8:00 a.m.
I was able to deploy pattern just fine outside SCD.   Part of my situation was now going back to my SCD project and updating the weaver components about my new pattern/images.

I have since resolved the problem.  It turned that although I updated the infrastructure part, I failed to update the facade part.  This caused a mis-alignment in the weaver parts even though I wasn't seeing errors in the RTC IDE.  There were some indications of errors at build time via weaver validation, but no real detail.   I would suggest adding the weaver validation errors to the build logs.

permanent link
Ann Marie Fred (1111) | answered Mar 20 '13, 6:36 p.m.
The validation errors are part of the build results in a file validation_report.txt.

Comments
Joe Loewengruber commented Mar 20 '13, 9:59 p.m.

I never found that file in the build output.  Can you be more specific?  How do I find it?

Ann Marie Fred commented Mar 21 '13, 10:53 a.m.

On the logs tab, after the build completes, I see several logs.  build-XXX.log is the main build log.  deploy-XXX.log is the Weaver deployment log, and it only shows up if your build includes a deployment step.  There is optionally an HTTP_trace.log, which shows the HTTP traffic with the cloud provider.  If there's a Weaver validation error, you may see a weaver_validation_report.txt on the logs tab too.  If there is no Weaver validation error, weaver_validation_report.txt is not published in the build results.  And finally, we have logs retrieved from the deployed VMs.

If you don't have some of these additional logs, we probably added them after SCD 2.0 shipped.  I actually don't see most of these logs on our "stable" builds, which run the 2.0 code. 

We put a lot of effort into improving our logging in SCD 2.5.  If you want to use Beta level code, we have an SCD 2.5 Milestone 2 driver out on jazz.net: https://jazz.net/downloads/smartcloud-continuous-delivery/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.